NHS Job: Questions to Ask HR




This is a checklist that I used. Feel free to copy and edit.

Situation varies. You can edit or change according to your situation.



1. Visa

- Is my employment under the shortage occupation list?


- Does trust provide reimbursement for the fee for a priority visa?



2. Certificate of Sponsorship


- What will be the duration of COS? As I understand the employment is 6months duration.

- Does the “maintenance” mark in my COS? And if yes, will I be given that maintenance at the start of my job or in the 1st month's salary?



3. Rough estimate of starting date?


I believe it will strongly depend on my visa status, is there any way that I can know as soon as possible so that I can make the necessary arrangement for it.



4. Does trust offer a relocation package?

- If it is offered? Does it include a visa fee, annual health surcharge fee, air ticket?



5. TB test, if needed

( Country need TB test: https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/countries-where-you-need-a-tb-test-to-enter-the-uk)


- I am TB vaccinated and have a BCG scar.

- Is occupational health in the trust offering TB test for workers?

- Who can I inquiry about it?



6. Since I am in the UK, can I get into shadowing right after I got my work visa?

- Meanwhile while awaiting some of the documents to arrive in time, does trust provide shadowing?

- If, Will it be paid or unpaid?

- How long usually the trust shadowing/induction be?



7. I understand there is a study budget.

-Am I entitled to it?

- Does ALS and BLS included?

8. May I know the annual gross salary, according to my experience?

9. Does accommodation available?




Additional reading: http://omarsguidelines.blogspot.com/2015/09/what-to-do-once-your-job-has-been.html


* The HR is not excited as you who got the job offer. So, be patient to wait for their reply and do give a reminder to HR timely.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My NHS Interview Experience

UK Driving licence theory test and My note

Expenses and My Experience of Health Care Worker Visa Application